The 2014 Bike 4 MPS II Charity Ride will take place in the picturesque community of Dundas, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Escarpment. This inaugural event is benefiting the iBellieve Foundation, which is focused on funding MPS II (Hunter syndrome) research. There will be 40km and 30km cycling routes as well as a 5km walkathon within Dundas. Each registration includes lunch, a drink, and an iBellieve Foundation water bottle. Following the event, there will be a BBQ and live entertainment.
Where: Dundas Driving Park, Dundas, ON
When: Sunday, October 5 – 10am Start
Format: 40km & 30km bike routes &a 5kmwalkathon
Price: $50 for bike ride, $20 for walkathon, and $5 for children’s participation
Includes: Lunch and Drink as well as iBellieve Foundation water bottle
Adam is an Olympic Gold Medalist in kayaking, along with being a two time World Champion.
Perdita is a retired Canadian Olympic and World Champion hurdler.
Anthony is the Chief Meteorologist for Global News Toronto. He supports many charities in the GTA, and loves to ski, play beach volleyball and water polo.
Mandy is a local cycling advocate and races mountain bikes for Tuf Rack Racing in the Elite Women’s field at provincial to world cup events.
Do you enjoy getting outside, meeting new people, and making a difference? Then signing up to volunteer at the iBellieve Foundation’s inaugural Bike 4 MPS II Charity Ride is the right move. It will be a great opportunity to get out and enjoy the beautiful Niagara Escarpment, and enjoy a free lunch! You will also get a free iBellieve Foundation Roots T-shirt.
The minimum shift requirement is 4 hours, but you are welcome to do a longer shift. There will be a variety of positions available, including:
- Set Up – Set up tables, registration desk, signs, etc
- Event Greeter – Welcome participants as they arrive and direct them to the appropriate areas
- Registration Desk – Sign in participants, distribute jerseys as appropriate, provide basic assistance
- Route Direction – Direct riders in the right direction, help riders cross intersections safely, watch for First Aid or maintenance issues at designated area
- Trivia Stations – There will be 3 stations along the route that will also be rest stops. You will help share information about MPS II, set up and tear down tables, food, drink etc.
- Post Ride Reception – Assist with serving food and beverage, crowd control, etc
- Clean up and Tear Down – Taking down tables, registration desk, cleaning up any litter, removing signage, etc.
We are expecting approximately 200 cyclists to attend, and all of the money raised will go directly towards funding the research for this cure.
Please do not hesitate to contact Joanne Mallett (email@example.com) for any further information. If you are interested in volunteering, please specify your email, phone number, T-shirt size, shift preference, and any preference in position.